Canvas for Parents
The district has activated Canvas for Parents. This will be a great tool for parents to be involved and help their student be successful by giving them the ability to see student assignments, stay informed about due dates, etc. Please watch this helpful video on how to set up your Canvas for Parents account:
Or you can follow these simple steps:
- Download the Canvas app to your phone
- You will need to type in Salem Keizer 24J as the school district
- Create a Parent account
- When creating your account, it will ask for a student pairing code. You will receive this code from your student. Students can do this by:
- Opening Settings in their Canvas
- Click Account
- Click Settings
- Choose Pair with Observer
- This will create a 6-digit pairing code. The pairing code will expire after seven days. Students will need to create a pairing code for each student requesting an account.
Please note that Judson will not be using Canvas for student grades. ParentVUE is the most accurate way to check your student’s grades and check for missing assignments. Parents will still need to go to Canvas to view submitted or missing assignments. The ParentVUE program lets you access a secure site to view your student’s current grades, assignments, attendance, class schedule, immunizations and more. Parents who do not have an active ParentVUE account should contact the school office at 503-399-3201.